- Ama -Arhus:Fertility Goddess
- An: God of heaven/the firmament.
- Ashnan:Grain Goddess
- Damkina:Earth Mother
- Enlil: God of the air (from Lil = Air); patron deity of Nippur.
- Enki: God of freshwater, male fertility, and knowledge; patron deity of Eridu.
- Ereshkigal: Sky Goddess
- Gula: Goddess of Health
- Inanna: Goddess of sexual love, female fertility and warfare; patron deity of Uruk
- Ki: Goddess of the earth.
- Nanna, God of the moon; one of the patron deities of Ur.
- Nammu:Goddess of Creation
- Nanshe:Goddess of justice and prophecy
- Nidaba:Goddess of knowlege
- Ningal: Wife of Nanna.
- Ninhursag:Goddess of Birth
- Ninkasi:Goddess of alcohol
- Ninlil: An air goddess and wife of Enlil; one of the patron deities of Nippur; she was believed to reside in the same temple as Enlil.
- Ninurta: God of war, agriculture, one of the Sumerian wind gods; patron deity of Girsu and one of the patron deities of Lagash
- Utu: God of the sun at the E'barbara temple of Sippar.
- Sarpanit: A mother goddess
- Sirtir: Goddess of sheep.
Have a problem?Q&A style forum where you can get advices, suggestions and solutions for your problems and help others by sharing your experience.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Sumerian Gods and Goddesses
The Sumerans belived that Gods controll the earth and sky,they respresented them as beings with good intentions.Altought Sumerans belived that their Gods had good intetions they also belived that when man commited sin,their Gods got angry and punished people for sins by letting out demons who then punished people with diseases and envirmonetal disasters.They also belived that demon God lived in Gulf of Persia and punished them for sin,because of fequent floods on their land.List of Sumerian Gods