- Ra is the eagle god of the sun and,he has a falcon head.
- Anubis is the god of mummification
- Bast is the Cat goddess.
- Sehkmet goddess of fire, war and plague
- Serqet is the goddess of scorpions
- Nut is the goddess of sky and stars, mother of gods.
- Geb is the green god of Earth, and vegetation.
- Horus is the god with falcon's head, god of pharaohs and sky.
- Osiris is the god of the afterlife.
- Isis is the goddess of magic and healing, wife of Osiris.
- Seth is the god of deserts and evil.
- Thoth is the scribe god and the god of forethought, writing, and wisdom.
- Ma'at is the goddess of truth.
- Amun is the god of Thebes, king of gods in New Kingdom.
- Wadjet is the goddess of pregnancy and motherhood, goddess in snake form.
- Anuket is the goddess of river Nile.
- Hathor is the goddess of the moon and children.
- Ptah is the creator god
- Bes is the dwarf god of safe journey
- Sobek is the god of crocodiles.
- Aten is the "king" of the gods
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Gods and godesses of Egypt were often represented as animals or other forces of nature.Here you can find list of gods and goddesses of egypt and the shape in which they were represented centuries ago.The information shown below is drawn from areceological foundings in Ancient Egypt.You can click the particular deity you are interested in to read article on wikipedia about Gods and goddesses of Egypt.
Friday, June 25, 2010
The Sumerans belived that Gods controll the earth and sky,they respresented them as beings with good intentions.Altought Sumerans belived that their Gods had good intetions they also belived that when man commited sin,their Gods got angry and punished people for sins by letting out demons who then punished people with diseases and envirmonetal disasters.They also belived that demon God lived in Gulf of Persia and punished them for sin,because of fequent floods on their land.List of Sumerian Gods
- Ama -Arhus:Fertility Goddess
- An: God of heaven/the firmament.
- Ashnan:Grain Goddess
- Damkina:Earth Mother
- Enlil: God of the air (from Lil = Air); patron deity of Nippur.
- Enki: God of freshwater, male fertility, and knowledge; patron deity of Eridu.
- Ereshkigal: Sky Goddess
- Gula: Goddess of Health
- Inanna: Goddess of sexual love, female fertility and warfare; patron deity of Uruk
- Ki: Goddess of the earth.
- Nanna, God of the moon; one of the patron deities of Ur.
- Nammu:Goddess of Creation
- Nanshe:Goddess of justice and prophecy
- Nidaba:Goddess of knowlege
- Ningal: Wife of Nanna.
- Ninhursag:Goddess of Birth
- Ninkasi:Goddess of alcohol
- Ninlil: An air goddess and wife of Enlil; one of the patron deities of Nippur; she was believed to reside in the same temple as Enlil.
- Ninurta: God of war, agriculture, one of the Sumerian wind gods; patron deity of Girsu and one of the patron deities of Lagash
- Utu: God of the sun at the E'barbara temple of Sippar.
- Sarpanit: A mother goddess
- Sirtir: Goddess of sheep.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
This Blog is created for every one who wants to know little about ancient Gods And Goddesses and all interesting history parts where they had their fingers in.There are many myths about gods and people over centuries,that I will post here so if you love myths,gods and goddesses keep following this blog and you will learn everything about ancient history and Gods and Goddesses that ruled the earth over centuries.I will post how tribes and nations worshiped their gods and how did they sacrificed animals and other people to keep their gods satisfied.Interesting thing is that many tribes and nations worshiped same Gods and Goddesses,only each of them where named differently in each culture.This blog will cover nations and tribes that were Polytheistic and had believed in multiple Gods and Goddesses.In mythology there is belief that specific Gods and Goddesses had specific supernatural powers.Gods and Goddesses in mythology were immortal.Trough history half-gods are were mentioned,they were in many cases children of Gods and Goddesses and humans,some of them were immortal as well.In history they were represented as creatures or as superheroes with supernatural powers.